Construction Superintendent for Ground-up Apartment
About the Job
Frost/Chaddock Developers, LLC seeks a construction superintendent for a ground-up, apartment-development project in Los Angeles.
The superintendent will manage all aspects of the project, including overseeing subcontractors,
monitoring deliveries, scheduling, tracking costs and expenses, and otherwise being responsible for
delivering a completed project on time and on budget. The superintendent will report to the project
manager, assisting with updating and refining work schedules to ensure milestones are reached on time.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess and maintain project progress.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies and confer with the project manager over solutions.
- Be familiar with and carry out or enforce all material provisions of the general contractor
- agreement and all subcontractor agreements.
- Enforce safety protocols and OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the construction of the project, including change-order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Meet regularly and report to the project manager and project owner.
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry as a licensed general contractor
- 5 years of experience as a superintendent on ground-up, apartment-development projects
- Proficiency with computer software commonly used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Disclaimer: This job description does not list every duty or responsibility that may be involved in the position. Frost/Chaddock may add or change duties or responsibilities to meet business or organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.